Safety ∙ Health ∙ Environment Management
Samsung Biologics is committed to operating an ESH Management System in a manner that prevents environment, safety, and health (ESH) accidents and incidents to ensure the safety of employees.
- Operation of ESH Management System
- Employee Participation
- Self-safety culture
Based on the respect for human life and dignity, Samsung Biologics shall establish a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, clients, and communities, and contribute to the protection of the environment in order to create a more sustainable future. Our ESH Management System shall be considered as a top priority when carrying out any strategic decisions to ensure effective execution. Our ESH policy is laid out as follows:
- - Leadership recognizes the value of a safe environment and will take the initiative to prioritize all goals associated with it.
- - A strict ESH Management System shall be faithfully implemented and continually developed to comply with domestic and international regulations, compliance to agreements, and prevention of accidents.
- - Resources necessary for the continuous improvement of ESH initiatives shall be provided, and ESH policies and management performance shall be shared with all interested parties.
- - Targets shall be set to reduce environmental pollutants in order to create a safe working environment and sustainable future.
Chief Saftety Officer Kun Lo
Feb 16, 2022
- Samsung Biologics operates ISO 45001 (Safety & Health Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System), and ISO 50001 (Energy Management System), while abiding by international and local regulations and client requests.
1. Strengthening ESH Management System
- - Comply with local and international regulations and agreements on safety, health, environment, and energy.
- - Develop and implement internal processes and procedures to mitigate business risks and identify opportunities, while increasing the quality of the work environment.
- - Train employees to understand and implement ESH considerations into all areas of operation.
- - Share ESH performance with all stakeholders.
2. Establishing a Safe & Healthy Workplace
- - Drive proactive safety management to establish an incident-free workplace through targeted safety and health risk reduction techniques.
- - Protect employees and communities from external hazards such as natural disasters, fires, and contagious diseases.
- - Maintain an emergency response system for business continuity.
3. Minimizing Environmental Impact
- - Reduce environmental pollutants, chemical emissions, waste generation, and energy/water use throughout the business, while prioritizing recycling initiatives.
- - Communicate continuous climate change efforts to stakeholders.
- - Invest in conservation programs that positively impact the local community.
- 1. Strengthening ESH Management System